Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting my groove back

Going back to work after being off for a year with a baby is not an easy task.
First off , are the early mornings. Being up at the crack of dawn, while it is still dark, was okay when I knew it was for a feeding, but Now it just seems unreal. It has only been a week mind you, but still. I think it is getting harder not easier especially since the days are getting shorter (Yes I live in Canada! ) where sunlight is in short supply in the cooler months

next is getting into a routine of not only getting myself up and dressed and out the door, but also to add to the mix feeding, dressing and changing a toddler on a time line. I thought that getting up earlier would help, but it seems that I move slower from lack of sleep and the same for my daughter, who I know does not like being woke at 5:45 in the morning.

She has gone back to having a morning nap which I hope will just be until she adjusts and gets a little older too.

YEAH for starting daycare next week. I'm still a little unsure about how it will all work out but I know that it will and in a few weeks we will all look back and wonder how it was ever any different (I HOPE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment